You are invited to the 1st Annual, 1st ever, first-come first disinterred, International party, prom, old-time pickery,
pig roast, Washer Championship, Karoake-thon,
late-May Day, early-Memorial Day, beware the
Idea of May!, April and May mega-birthday strava-gorgonzol-off(*).
We thought of so many good reasons to have a party, we've already forgotten half of them. What we can recall:
- April birthday peeps, unite!
- And since we're so late this year, ... May birthday peeps, unite!
- Oh yeah -- May Day, Cinco de Mayo, and Memorial Day were, are, and probably will be, under-celebrated
- Hey, we got a garden!
- Jimiyo came back to the bi-state area from
the desert of nubile drunk foreign teens
- There is the slight matter of declaring (another?) Supreme World champion of Washers (as well as karaoke, cornhole, croquet, and whatever other games get played by accident)
- We know a bunch of old-time pickers and there's nothing like a picking party
- Leslie, welcome to Nashville!
- ASK Apparel is celebrating, like, 3 years of smelling like indigo!
- Nicole is now DOCTOR Nicole!
- We just blew a hole in the wall of the shop and ran some new plumbing!
- A belated Kate's in town party
- An early Kate's moving party
- Because, when you get right down to it, it's all just rock & roll
- Kon's friend just returned from the service.
- Because you look swank in those fat-ass lapels.
- Beware the Ides of May!!!!
- I think Ben's cooking a pig.
So here's the low-down on the hoedown:
The theme is "Zombies vs. Prom", make of that what you will.
If you can pick, fiddle, or otherwise join in an old-time jam, bring your instrument over. We'd like to have a circle going.
There'll also be various kinds of entertainment going on -- maybe other live music. Almost certainly some DJ'd music in the general party vicinity. Games of
skill, luck, chance, creativity, and possibly impropriety.
We will have food, but feel free to bring a dish. We will have a keg of some flavority, but feel free to bring your own beverageness.
We are getting our invite on, but feel free to invite those people you know who make for the fun of times, don't destroy the furniture, and have this strange problem
where their cash keeps falling out of their pockets in wads of small unmarked non-sequential bills everywhere they go...
(*) Management does not warrant the gorgonzola, the gorgons, the mazola,
crayola, the gonzo, nor the hula. Management cannot indemnify zombies,
prom-goers, party-goers, attendees, pickers, placers, punters, tossers,
kickers, or wanks, nor be held liable for damages or injuries arising
from the utilization, ostracization, or misuse of the gorgonzola, other
cheeses, spray-on cheese products, string cheese (with or without
incident), or post-pasteurized hydrogenated hygronomated hieronymous
(bosch) cheese food product, whether such cheeses and/or cheese foods
predate this or any other applicable agreements, notwithstanding the
lack (or lax, loch, lake, lick, and/or lactose) of gorgonzola or other
similar or differing cheese or non-cheese food, food derivative, food
by-product, or food candidate, heretofore and above defined, denied,
decried, DeVry'd, or similarly mis-, under-, or over-educated, without the
supervision of a participating Rabbi during the cheese koshering
process, all rights reserved, and the home of the brave, (viz., c.f., e.g.,
i.e., et al) nomine patris, filii, et spiritus sancti, amen.